Ten day micro-group trips to learn what it means to be human, in another kind of place.
Travelers learn about the history, culture, politics, economics and environment of their destination through developing relationships with local experts and changemakers. Travelers will take cultural workshops, visit important sites alongside scholar-guides, receive tours of local social enterprises and have fun while gaining a greater understanding of a part of our world. Each tour will visit 1-2 communities within a country.
JOIN THE WAITLIST
The 2021 trip details are being finalized. Sign up below if would like to find out when you can register.
can you come up with a sentence to put here thats 2 lines max?
Immediately upon arrival, we will settle into a daily rhythm that makes you feel like you are living in the neighborhood, if even for a short time. Each day of the trip will have a specific learning focus, progressively exploring important aspects of the local culture and environment. Our resident guide will escort and translate for our group for the duration of the trip, introducing us to the experts we will learn from each day.
Each day of the trip travelers can choose from one of several activity offerings, so the group of 8-12 people will be regularly split up for a more personalized experience for all.
- Language Workshop
- The People’s History Walking Seminar Local Market Visit
- Traditional Meals Cooking Class
- Religion, Values and Cultural Norms Study Active Eco-Adventure
- Traditional Medicine and Wellness Workshop Street Arts Tour
- Artisan Masterclass
- Local Economies Lecture
- Social Enterprise Site Visit
- Music and/or Dance Performance
- Breakfast at our guesthouse
- Morning meeting and check in
- Featured workshop, educational tour or learning excursion
- Lunch on-your-own
- Afternoon free-time to wander, relax or connect
- Evening dinner pop-up at a remarkable restaurant or hosted at a local home
opt-in Trip Extension
At the end of each Learning Journey, you can opt-in to a 4 or 5 day extension and getaway to another area of the country for some fun and adventure.